- Bathroom Plumbing
- Bio-Clean Pipe System Treatment
- Drain Cleaning & Video Camera Pipe Inspection
- Gas Piping
- Hot Water Heaters
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Plumbing FAQs
- Plumbing Installation
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Plumbing Repair
- Plumbing Replacement
- Plumbing Tips
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker
- Reduce Pressure Zone Valve
- Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Sump Pumps
- Water Lines
- Water Softeners
- Water Testing
- Water Treatment Systems
- Garage Heating
- Heating FAQs
- Heating Installation
- Heating Maintenance
- Heating Repair
- Heating Replacement
- Heating Tips
- Light Commercial
- Heat Pumps
- Radiant Heating
- Zone Control Systems
Indoor Air Quality
- Contact Us
Access to clean, pure running water in our homes is a luxury that we’ve become so accustomed to that it is easy to take for granted. If you have developed a hard water problem in your Andover home, though, you know just how important water quality is. Don’t tolerate the annoyance of hard water in your home. Call the experts at Air Mechanical today to learn how you can soften your water to improve its quality and boost convenience at your faucets.
What is Hard Water?
Hard water has a high concentration of dissolved minerals in it, including calcium and magnesium. These minerals can build up on your home’s fixtures and reduce the effectiveness of the soaps and detergents that you use to wash dishes, clothes, and yourself. As water moves through the ground and rocks it dissolves miniscule amount of minerals, and the result can be the presence of hard water in your home. The higher the mineral content, the harder your water.
Hard water leads to many problems in homes, from the mildly annoying to those that can cause actual damage. Here are some of the ways in which a hard water problem affects the quality of life in your home.
- Laundry may look unclean and be unpleasant to the touch.
- Soap scum becomes present during bathing and dishwashing.
- Dishes can look spotty and look unclean.
- Water boilers and pipes may develop limescale deposits.
To avoid the development of these issues, call Air Mechanical. We’ll help you resolve the hard water problems you face in your home.
What to Do About Hard Water
Just because you have a hard water problem in your home does not mean you cannot resolve the problem with professional help. To begin the water softening process, call Air Mechanical today. Our plumbing experts have all the answers you need to reduce mineral deposits in your water and increase its quality and purity. Call Air Mechanical today to learn about the water softening products available to you. Here is a description of some different ways to treat hard water in your Andover, MN home.
- Chemical Water Softeners: During the laundering process chemical softeners are added to the water which remove calcium and magnesium. This leads to cleaner, fresher clothes.
- Water Filters: Water filters can be connected directly to your tap to remove chlorine and soften your water for drinking.
- Mechanical Water Softeners: Mechanical water softeners are permanently installed in your plumbing system, replacing calcium and magnesium deposits with sodium.
- Magnetic Water Conditioners: Magnetic Water Conditioners are also permanently installed in your plumbing system. They alter calcium ions to prevent the development of limescale. This can increase heating efficiency.
Call us for High Quality, Softer Wate
When you’ve decided you’re ready to take measures to soften water in your home, call Air Mechanical. Our water softener experts have the information you need to choose the right water softener for your home. Call today for more information.