Dear Valued Air Mechanical Customers,
Given the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we want to assure you that Air Mechanical’s greatest priority is the health and safety of our customers, employees and communities. We have been monitoring the situation closely and are actively taking precautionary safety measures to ensure the greatest level of safety possible.
Governor Walz Essential Business Executive Order:
Our skilled trades people have been named Essential and are vital in maintaining the health, safety, efficiency and comfort of homes during the Stay-At-Home Order.
Section 6 of the Emergency Executive Order 20-20 by Governor Tim Walz on March 24, 2020: Subsection X: “Construction and critical trades. This category includes workers in the skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers, HVAC and elevator technicians and other related construction of all kind.” March 25th, 2020
During this unprecedented outbreak, we will continue to proudly serve your Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical needs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are taking lead from the WHO and CDC and from the Minnesota Department of Health.
We are taking the following steps to immediately protect our company and our customers:
AMI Work at Home and In-Office Guidelines:
- AMI Tech Support Team verified security of software systems and networks to allow secure work from home.
- AMI Buildings Secured against any entry of non-authorized persons.
- All Customer Care Representatives and 90% of in-building support team are working from home on AMI provided computers and secured software.
- ALL Field Staff to stay outside of AMI Buildings and observe Stay At Home order when not working. If an item is needed during business hours, technician to call supervisor or warehouse and item will be placed outside in pre-determined, secure location for you.
- Any and all staff members to report health status to AMI President &/or Supervisor each Monday morning and are directed to report any self-quarantine requirements of themselves or family immediately.
- ALL meetings, large and small, are through virtual meetings only or with remaining in-office staff, to follow social distancing guidelines.
- AMI In-Office staff observing disinfection, bathroom assignments, kitchen disinfection, limited access between buildings and other protocols to keep each other safe.
AMI Essential Business Guidelines for Field Staff following CDC Guidelines:
- AMI Field Staff reviewed all CDC guidelines and proper techniques for limiting interaction for our customers and for themselves.
- AMI Field Staff practicing Social Distancing with fellow staff, customers and others.
- AMI Field Staff to carry Essential Business Protocols and Identification.
- AMI Field Staff to report health status to AMI President each Monday morning and are directed to report any self-quarantine requirements of themselves or family immediately.
- AMI Field Staff actively supplied with sanitation stations, gloves, boots and sprays to sanitize their person, tools, customer homes, vehicles.
For YOUR Safety and Ours – AMI Restricted Customer Contact Policy during Covid 19:
- At-Home Customer Care Specialist will schedule your call and do any of the pre-work necessary to limit contact with our technician coming to your home.
- Customer Care will contact you when our technician* is on their way to your home.
- When the technician arrives, he will first visibly wash his hands and put on protective gear before he approaches your home. He will ring doorbell and then back away to a distance of 6 feet. He can answer all of your initial questions and receive instruction from you from this distance while still outside.
- At this point, we ask that you direct him verbally to mechanical room and move yourself and family member and pets to another room or to a distance of 6 feet.
- Technician is provided single use booties for shoes and gloves and hand sanitizer for your and their protection.
- Any item the technician removes from the mechanical room (air filter, water filter, replaced parts, etc.) will be placed in a sealed bag for your safety and theirs.
- We have instructed our Customer Care team and Technicians how to complete the payment of the transaction contact-free for your safety and theirs. Customer should not have to touch a pen, paper or tablet.
*(Technician is defined as anyone authorized by AMI to repair or prepare an estimate for replacement of mechanical system equipment in your home.)
We appreciate your business and understanding,
Air Mechanical Team of Excellence