Water Treatment Systems in Blaine, MN and Surrounding Areas
How’s the quality of the water you drink and bathe in? Are you sure you’re keeping your family as healthy as possible? The only way to know for sure is with professional water testing from a qualified and experienced team, who can handle all your water quality and treatment needs. This is where Air Mechanical, Inc. comes in!
We install a wide variety of water treatment and purification systems in residential plumbing. Our water treatment system experts can provide you with any information you need about residential water testing and water purification.
To learn more about your water treatment systems options in the area, contact Air Mechanical, Inc. today. Good water quality should last “For the life of your home!”
Your Water Treatment System Options
The level of contamination in your water and the types of contaminants are the most important factors in deciding which water treatment system to install in your home. Most municipal water is free of bacteria and microorganisms, but your tap water should be tested for those contaminants if you suspect a problem.
Water from any municipal source may have excess amounts of minerals, ions, and metals. Water can also be too acidic (low pH). The only way to detect those contaminants is with accurate testing. Air Mechanical, Inc. has installed and repaired many Andover, MN water treatment systems over the years. These are some of the most frequently used water treatment systems in the Andover area:
- Filtration Systems: Bacteria, sediment, some minerals, and other contaminants are removed by passing the water through a series of filters. The filters are usually supplied as replaceable cartridges that fit inside a housing mounted on a wall or in a cabinet. Filtration systems are most effective for low levels of common drinking water contaminants.
- Reverse Osmosis Systems: For water with high levels of ions and minerals. Also effective if water has a high level of some unusual mineral. With reverse osmosis systems, the contaminated water is actively pushed through a membrane that separates the minerals and salts.
- Water Softeners: Hard water has a high concentration of dissolved minerals in it, including calcium and magnesium. These minerals can build up on your home’s fixtures and reduce the effectiveness of the soaps and detergents that you use to wash dishes, clothes, and yourself. This can be resolved with the professional installation of a water softener. Ask about our options! We work with chemical, mechanical, and magnetic systems.
- Chemical Feed Pump Systems: Usually for water with excessively high levels of certain minerals and metals. Also used to balance the pH of acidic water. Chemical feed pumps use safe, non–toxic chemicals to neutralize or remove harmful contaminants from the water.
- Specialty Cartridges: Basically the same as filtration units, but these systems have cartridges designed to remove rare metals or chemicals from the water, such as arsenic or nitrate.
Contact Us for Your Water Treatment & Water Softener Needs
Water treatment systems come in different sizes and capacities. They can be used to treat all the water coming into the home, or just the tap water used in the kitchen. Most units have some type of storage tank where the purified water accumulates. Some systems, such as chemical feed pumps, require electrical power to operate. No matter what your water quality needs are, we’ll find the right system or combination of systems for your Andover, MN home.
Just because you have a hard water problem in your home does not mean you cannot resolve the problem with professional help. To begin the water softening process, call Air Mechanical today. Our plumbing experts have all the answers you need to reduce mineral deposits in your water and increase its quality and purity. Call Air Mechanical today to learn about the water softening products available to you. Here is a description of some different ways to treat hard water in your Andover, MN home.
- Chemical Water Softeners: During the laundering process chemical softeners are added to the water which remove calcium and magnesium. This leads to cleaner, fresher clothes.
- Water Filters: Water filters can be connected directly to your tap to remove chlorine and soften your water for drinking.
- Mechanical Water Softeners: Mechanical water softeners are permanently installed in your plumbing system, replacing calcium and magnesium deposits with sodium.
- Magnetic Water Conditioners: Magnetic Water Conditioners are also permanently installed in your plumbing system. They alter calcium ions to prevent the development of limescale. This can increase heating efficiency.