Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt victimized by a smoke alarm that went off at 3 a.m. simply because its battery had died. We are pretty sure almost everyone has experienced this.
While these incidents can make even the most patient person consider tearing their smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector out of the wall, we have to insist that you don’t, for the sake of your safety. These detectors are built to, well, detect problems and keep you safe in the event of a gas leak or a fire.
In fact, the next time your detector wakes you up in the middle of the night, you should make a mental note to check on these vital home safety systems. After all, if one or both are malfunctioning, it could literally turn out to be a life-or-death situation.