Taking a nice, relaxing, warm shower after a workout or at the end of a long day is pretty wonderful. What isn't wonderful is when you are in the middle of a warm shower and the water suddenly gets cold, if not downright icy. Or maybe your water never heats up properly to begin with.
If either of these incidents sound familiar, you may be in the market for a new water heater. What we want to tell you is that you have more than one type of water heater to choose from: you can opt for a tankless water heater too! The key here is deciding on which system would best meet your needs.
The sooner you figure out your water heater replacement in Andover, MN, the better too. You don't want to have to shower at the gym!
The Pros and Cons of a Tankless Water Heater
If you haven't heard about the wonderful technology that is the tankless water heater, let us tell you about it!
A tankless water heater is able to warm water without the use of a storage tank that holds gallons of water and keeps it at a certain temperature. Instead of storing warm water, your tankless water heater would heat up water as needed--meaning it doesn't kick on until you start asking for heated water.
This system has some pros that you should know about:
- It Saves Space: Because there is no need for a storage tank, there is a lot less space required for this system.
- It Saves Energy: Your tankless water heater is able to save a lot more energy than a tank heater because it isn't having to keep water warm consistently.
- It Saves Water: Again, without that storage tank, your water heater saves a lot more water, too!
With all this said, you should also know there are some drawbacks to this system if you have high water demands. This is because a tankless water heater can only warm so much water at once before it falters. This means two people can't shower at once.
The Pros and Cons of a Tank Water Heater
Tank or "On-Demand" water heaters are well-known systems for a reason. They are great at creating warm water and providing it in a reliable manner. There are some pros for this system too:
- Hot Water Is Ready: Your "On-Demand" water heater has a storage tank containing so many gallons of water that are kept at a certain temperature, ready for you when you need it!
- Modern Systems Are Efficient: The modern hot water heater is made to be far more energy-efficient than its predecessors.
- Able to Handle High Demand: Because there are gallons of water stored and ready, it means that your tank water heater is able to handle relatively high water demands.
Contact Us For Reliable Service
When you decide on which water heater system is better suited for your needs, give us a call! Our professional team members are able to pair you with the best hot water heating unit for your home and will get it installed the right way the first time.
Contact Air Mechanical Inc. today.