It is a time of year that involves a lot of lights, lots of time spent with loved ones, extra food being made, and added use of your heating system. This is great for those of us that love all the activities and opportunities to celebrate. However, it can also increase the risks of trouble.
What if something in the oven starts to burn? What if your gas-powered furnace develops a gas leak? What if you have a string of lights that is overheating and may cause a fire risk? These are all concerns but they shouldn’t catch you by surprise as long as your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working right.
This blog post isn’t here to scare you but rather to make sure that the systems that are in your home to help protect you are equipped to do their job right. Let’s jump in.